Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Giant Crabs From Beyond Space

I'm having a funny old time at the moment debating the capitalization of the title. Ok so not funny ha ha, but curiously doug-like. clearly giant crabs looks cooler with capitals to begin them. Space also seems more dramatic with a bigger S, then 'from beyond' are dwarfed. any way i figured i'd throw grammatical accuracy to the wind and just capitalise all of them. woo hoo, life on the edge.
anyway, it's been a whole month since i last felt the need to write.

i have my dissertation due soonish, because it's not quite like everyone elses and if i don't have the bulk of the doing done before october i doubt i'll find time for the writing. still it's currently sunny which really helps keep me focused, or as close to focused as i get.
it seems with me, any job you can't do topless in the sun with a drink while reading harry potter is just never going to get done.
also there's so much else to get done here.

i need a quick bust of happyness for completeing zelda on pete's wii. hearty huzzars for kicking multiple monster arse.
see where as most people fight distraction and try (in my case unsuccessfully) to focus on their work, i'm developing a different approach. if i watch all my movies and complete all the computer games i can then i will be clear of all distraction and capable of working at an increadable speed. the logic is mind boggling. imagine how fast i could work if my brain was clear. terrorfying.

decorating was finished today, which is nice because all the funiture is back in the right room and i dont have to pop next door to change channel, but it's also sad because i lose so much of the things that were making me the hyper masculine piece of prime studdlyness that i currently am.
carrying heavy things, gone.
hitting things with a hammer, (my favourate manly activity,) gone.
getting paint and grime and dust and scratches all over my bridgestone romper suit, gone.
splinters and hammer wounds, gone.
it's sad. it could be weeks or month before i have DIY type projects to do, i'll get all stringy and useless again. losing my diet coke guy physiques in favour of one of the regular good loking guy's the ad. ok one of the regular looking guys. ok regular looking girls.
mostly it's just sad there were no ladies around to be impressed by my carrying, painting and hammering (sometimes simultaniously). thems the breaks i guess.

unfortunatly after one of my (now pretty much daily) blows to the head, i mentioned to my mum that i sometimes put in these posts if i had wounded myself in ways i considered spectaularly stupid or just plain spectacular, so now whenever i'm wounded in the line of duty all i get is, "is that going in you're blog?"

Bet Charles Dickens never had to put up with this shit.

No comments: