Saturday, October 13, 2007

Wowzers

I'm feeling manly, if slightly foolish right now. My "COME ON!!" roar that usually accompanies an exceptional drive in rugby (viewing not playing, obviously) does sound good, but as it's quite a bit louder than most of my hiding behind a cushion type usualness, it does make me feel a bit silly, especially when done in polite company. Clearly this is the key advantage to being down the pub - any lack of civility is to be expected.
But, really a bit of manlyness is nice, because it makes up for the fairly pathetic lack of manlyness that was my bristol trip.
So my dissertation has passed the presentation stage. i had to go to bristol on tuesday(?, i think) to present what ive done so far. it was a four hour trip down in a complete white out of rain, very exciting, very slow, but a perfect time to have pirates of the caribbean in the cd player. surely there must of been other cars out there singing sea shanties at the top of their voice as the car aqua-plains at rather high speeds. (i did get to a corner where a sign warns us to stay at fifty and i remember thinking "hmm... best get back down to seventy," then, "down?! eh?")
presentation was ok and i got to see loads of bristol types which was nice, but after all of the ale drinking and sleeping on the floor of the house of sci comm with a noisy german and i left with one of the most pathetic wounds possible.
lots of people i hadn't seen in months and wouldn't be seeing for a while. all the emotional hellos and goodbyes actually pulled a muscle in my shoulder.
thats right, a hugging injury.
god damn it. what the hell?!
but i took it like a man - the drive back with such a serious shoulder pain was tough, but i soldiered through.
i dragged myself back home and slept for thirty six hours.
now there's just my dissertation's actual writing to do. through the magic that is copy and paste i'm currently at 3094. and as long as my hug wounds don't slow me down to much i might do ok.
that's might though.
coz it's me.
and you can never be sure how i'm going to hurt myself next...

No comments: