Sunday, February 25, 2007

Everyone's getting Married!

its weird, ok?
it is definatly fantastic for them, exciting and grown up and all part of moving on and up with their lives and this is in no way saying any thing bad about them. seriously its a problem with me.
realistically i am a bit of a coward, definatly not grown up and as for moving on and up thats just not something i have learnt to do yet
i just aint extremely comfortable right now with people my age getting married.
it scares me, ok?
it's a comparitive thing,
them - settling down with partner, find house, make babies, live happy life
me - sitting by myself watching star wars, singing along (loudly and badly) to songs on my ipod, finding more to drink, no plans past next weekend
its the differences that surpise me more than anything.
it's almost like if i had just followed their paths i could be where they are, but really, really, really thats not me. everytime i hear/read/sence the words "getting married" i'm climbing the tallest thing in the room and talking a high pitched voice, fun but odd
and ok everyones not EVERYONE, but more than one person in my age grouping, not on the permiscuous side of things.
i'm a cowardly man
it's a level of understanding that i definatly havent reached, and no matter how much my omi asks why im not married with children at my age (seriously it did happen) its not in my near future, i guess im just odd

No comments: