Saturday, January 06, 2007

Why I havent been posting...

ok so if im at uni ur forced to put up with semi-weekly 'doug updates' of varied levels of hilarity, those of you paying attention may of noticed a 3/4 week break in this, those of you with nothing better to do may actually of wandered why.
well home only has dial up so the connection is so slow it actually hurts (this is true, theres a very amusing story envolving a suction cup bruising a ring onto my forehead coz i had to wait for a download).
but im back an i have my mac back so all is good

and i have 'entertaining' christmas related stories, (read on if you dare...)

well there were hilarious chrsitmas presents, chris got me an insanity prawn boy tshirt that says anus! (thatll probly make more sence if you go to weebl stuff and watch on the moon ep 9). ive worn it in public a couple of times but missed out a perfect oppertunity to ruin polite conversation with it. alex an i were trying to help chris' little sis beth to straw-pedo a cup of squash and their mum asked how she'd breath with a straw up her nose, chris said eyes, alex said ears, i pulled open my jumper only to realise i was wearing my zelda t instead. damn

there was hilarious christmas dinner where one of my uncles conviced pete (my brother) to fill a party popper with cranberry sauce, we gave it to my cousin an told him to set it off at the grown ups table. pete, me and my uncle then spent half an hour on chairs cleaning cranberry sauce off the celing - if only he'd aimed at my grandad like i told him...

LRE work continued until last week (thank god they opened on jan 2 so i could get 3 whole days work in before i left) its tough but at least i can pester my co-workers to keep myself entertained, at theres plenty to read (being a library an all)

so im back at bristol,
its been raining,
an its bloody freezing,
my heater seems small and ineffective (any one draws similarities to my man parts will be in trouble)

but.. the second series on Quantum Leap was waiting here for me on DVD!
Theorizing one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelerator... and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so, Dr Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping that each time his next leap would be the leap home.

god i love that programme

No comments: