Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Weird Dreams

Still no job.
Starting to try to look at temping, but no work from there yet either.
But that's just me keeping you up to date on the hunt rather than whining (coz I'm no whiner).

But with no work and very few tasks or quests to do what can I possibly write about?
Well, just because my conscious mind is doing bugger all, doesn't mean my unconscious isn't busy. Busy with some really weird dreams. So busy in fact that I'm almost concerned. Those of you schooled in psychology, prepare for your skills to be tested. Everyone else strap in; it's going to get weird.

My Torchwood dream.
Yes, that's right. Once again, proof that I watch too much TV (no adverts or credits in this one though, so that's a positive step).
So me and a bunch of other people are driving round what is presumably Cardiff, presumably hunting for aliens. I say presumably, because none of this was made explicit in the dream itself, but we was clearly Torchwood, because we were dressed like them, had the car and also visited a warehouse. (Thankfully no gay innuendo, so maybe it was Torchwood lite?) Anyway, we kick the doors down and storm into this warehouse only to find it alien-less, but full of "simulation devices" (I'm quoting the Ianto alike who was on the team here
Simulation devices? Weirder than they sound, trust me.
So being me, I climb onto one.
"What's this for then?", I say, or something to that effect.
"Oooh," says the Ianto alike, "That's the digger simulator."
That's right, a digger.
It's a seat with the digger arm gubbins in front of it and the controls of the other side of the arm, so I'm hugging the arm to drive this thing (which is on a raised platform and just spins round) when other members of the team sit in the seat around the platform I'm on. Oh and all their seats have paintball guns in front of them.
So I'm hugging a digger arm, spinning round and getting shot in the back.
This is when I wake up, feeling thoroughly confused about what was going on.

As for the job I feel I would be perfect for now (assuming that crazy Torchwood don't need me):

Dear Mr Doo,

I wish to express my interest in the position with your team.

I have a very analytical mind, and am excellent at problem solving, which led me to my undergraduate degree in maths and physics. I really enjoy communicating those solutions, which is why I recently completed a masters degree in Science Communication. The degree involved wearing many different hats; solving crimes within science, unmasking those that would otherwise get away with poor communication and working for treats not unlike your snacks. I feel this experience makes me a strong candidate for this position.

In addition, I have great skills at running away, wearing costumes and enjoy working with animals. I have a full driving licence and would be happy to drive the Mystery Machine in needed.

Also, it may be of interest that I have Shaggy hair and scruffy facial hair.

Yours, etc...

No comments: