Thursday, January 15, 2009

Madness

I arrived at work today in a unusually chipper mood. All this coz they played Dolly Parton 9–5 on Radio 2 this morning. Some hilarious singing along ensued.

Got me thinking for the umpteenth time about what songs I need to get available on Rockband/Guitar Hero. (The “band” that I am part of is full of chickens so I have to sing - which is fun but also painful after too long (8 hours is a long gig for anybody))

Anyhoo: Songs that I want:
Aerosmith: I don’t want to miss a thing
Bryan Adams: Everything I do
Dolly Parton: 9–5
Anything from an animated Disney film

These are just a sample, but the point remains that I need more silly songs to sing. Serious rock is fair enough, but a little bit of childishness or even just some rock balladery would be nice.

That said I may just continue singing serious songs in stupid voices, giving emphasis to the wrong words. The song that goes: (in an extremely high pitch) “Raaaape, Muuurdeeer”, springs to mind.

No comments: